4.23.2012

Here's to a few new Mr. and Mrs.



This was wedding weekend. ‘Tis the season, you know. Summer has a tendency to bring all those lovers out of hibernation and into holy matrimony. And such was true this weekend, where Alex and I got to attend two back to back weddings. On Friday, Alex’s childhood friends Lindsey and Jordan tied the knot. We were lucky enough to be able to attend the beautiful sealing. They were also gracious enough to feed us at a beautiful luncheon afterwards. I unfortunately left all picture taking devices in the car, so you‘ll just have to take my word when I say that love was in the air.

Saturday we were able to head down to Salt Lake for the wedding of one of my closest friends, Hayden. I met Hayden the same way I have met 90% of my friends, serving people breaded halibut and chocolate cake at Magleby’s Grill & Oyster Bar in 2005. Throughout the years we have seen each other through many phases of life- graduation phase, the “I think I’ll dye my hair brown” phase, the Belmont phase, “I think I’m going to move across the country” phase, bad breakup phase leading to bad blind dates phase, and now marriage.

Now, being new to this marriage thing, I didn’t have too much advice to offer her. But I did have a lot of love and support to give her throughout her beautiful day. I was able to spend the day with friends who I haven’t seen for years, and introduce Alex to a new group of husbands to mingle with. Most importantly we were able to see them sealed for time and all eternity. Weddings seem to be so much more special when you are married. Why? Because there is this sense of nostalgia lingering over you with the occasional glimpse of your wedding day mixed with fluttered feelings reminding you just how special the day really is. Plus, you no longer have to awkwardly stand in the middle of a crowded room amongst other ladies all wearing invisible ‘Yes, I’m single’ signs while you miss the bouquet yet manage to get elbowed in nose and blame your teary eyes on the joy of the occasion.

Everything about the day was wonderful, especially the glowing bride. It was said a time or two, but the offspring of these two are going to be very genetically gifted. Congrats to the new Mr. and Mrs. Mathews, and to someday providing the world with champion grade football stars.


*Photo's taken with camera phone, which explains the low quality and black dot in every photo

**Side note: While browsing pictures below, you may come across a particular photo of peace loving Asians. I really have no explanation for this other than there must be some sort of infatuation in Asia with white Mormon women being wed.







No comments:

Post a Comment

You're the best!