2.20.2013

Our Weekend Trip: Part One

























There are a few things that I learned from this trip, that I think I should share upfront. First, you might naively think, "We'll just take the Chinatown Bus. It's dirt cheap and it will be a funny story I'm sure..". Don't do it. Spend the money. Spend any amount to avoid that bus. And, if you decide to go against my experienced warning, make sure you and your friends buy tickets for the same bus.. otherwise, one of you may end up delayed for an hour at a Chinese Buffet somewhere around New Haven, Connecticut. Second, if your friends invite you to share their hotel room with them in Boston for free, do it. Always do it, and repay them with compliments and a promise of flattering photos from the trip. And last, go to Boston. Because it's one of the greatest, most quaint cities I've been to, and I fell in love with it the second I stepped off that Chinatown bus. 

We left on a Friday night after work, and got back to NYC on Sunday night, so when I say it was a quick trip, I mean quick. But it was a great little adventure, and this is starting to get wordy, so cue photos:























































Against our better judgement, we embarked on a walking tour courtesy of our friends Jeremy and Estee, on a beautifully frigid mid-January day. Now, the only thing better than friends, are friends who make great tour guides. And the best kind of tour guides are the ones who like exactly what you like, which in our case was staying warm, staying full, and staying entertained. Needless to say, these former Boston residents kept us thoroughly entertained from sunrise to way past sunset.. 

We spent most of Saturday walking The Freedom Trail, a trail paved into the streets of Boston which leads you through the locations of historical events, the resting place of historical figures, and a plethora of copper clad architecture (loved). It was like reliving my 8th grade History class, but in the best way. Some of the highlights included a select few Paul Revere landmarks, like the church where he hung the lantern (one if by land, and two if by sea...) and even the house he called home. There is something to be said for taking a step back, and remembering how it all began, and the amazing people who made it happen.








The Freedom Trail was fantastic. Everyone needs to venture down this brick lined trail at least once. If I had the time, I would have just kept going in circles. But then again, if we didn't have our tour guides, that probably would have really happened.. Until next time, Freedom Trail. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I sent this link in an e-mail to Jeremy with the Subject: A look at all of the fat we've stored in our face this winter, also, we have great friends.

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't even- your faces are completely fat free. And right back at you with that great friends compliment..!

      Delete

You're the best!